Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact a member of staff?

You can contact a member of staff several ways on the contact page.

What can i get for donating?

Due to 'RHS MOD' license agreement we cannot give perks in return for donations. All donations are permanent and WILL NOT be refunded.

What can I do if I have been permanently banned?

You may appeal any bans within 7 days from the date of issue. If they are deemed to have been legitimately issued, you will not be unbanned.

What can I do if I have been community banned?

In very rare circumstances, the administration team may unanimously decide to permanently ban an individual from the community if they have been excessively harmful to it. Community bans are rarely revoked. But in the same respect, you can use our contact page.

How do I report another player for breaking rules within the game server?

Players that are believed to be breaking rules can be reported via our Discord or TeamSpeak.

Where can I submit my suggestions regarding the game server?

Our server relies on community suggestions so if you have any, feel free to submit them in our Discord.

Can I apply to become a GADD member?

To become a GADD Member you must submit a form on our GADD Member Application page. The staff team and some respected GADD Members will then cast a vote on your acceptance.

What are my perks for being a GADD Member?

If you get accepted by our staff team, you will have access to perks in our servers. These include having access to the GADD flag for your bases on Exile as well as having a slightly better randomized spawn loadout when ever you respawn. You get the GADD Member tag in TeamSpeak and Discord and receive help first before regular players, also granting you access to the GADD Memebers only sections for both platforms. You will also have a greater say in the future of our community as we ask GADD Members first on how we can improve their home. As for our other servers, our perks vary so please ask a member of staff.

How do I apply for a position on the staff team?

To apply to the staff team, you must contact us via Email:

What should I do if I am unsure on certain rules?

You can post in our Discord where staff and senior members of the community can clarify rules. You can also join our TeamSpeak server and have a member of staff verbally explain a rule.

What are the Hardware Specifications for the box that GADD is running?

Our box that hosts TeamSpeak and our two Exile servers is the best Game Server setup that OVH has to offer. It costs us £141/$180 for the Dedicated server and Windows license each month.
The Specs are as follows:

  • Intel i7 7700k OC @ 5GHz
  • 64GB DDR4 Server Spec RAM running at 3200MHz
  • 2x450GB Superfast NVMe SoftRaid SSD Storage
  • 1Gbps High Speed Internet connection
  • Windows Server 2016

How was GADD Formed?

Back when Exile first started it was 3 friends from an ArmA 2 community that started GADD. Monkeynutz, Electricduece and Gerard. Monkey being the only Brit on the team, was okay with GADD being USA Based.
Gerard left due to disagreements, at which point Monkey deleted everything that he made because it was broken, and started fresh. Electricduece soon left too because of Work, Playth1s joined Monkeynutz but departed in early December 2018 also due to work and social life.
Monkeynutz mainly coded GADD right from the start after Gerard's departure and assisted in the Exile community with the release of scripts and addons for all servers to use, taking over and fixing ExAd which was the most downloaded addon for Exile at the time and assisted in bug fixing Exile and testing updates. Root has been here from the beginning too as Root and Monkeynutz met IRL in the same January that GADD was formed in 2016.
After nearly 3 years, after Playth1s stepped down, Monkey decided to bring in more people to help GADD in it's development. Bringing on Root to the Owner circle, Brett Nordin who is renowned in the Exile community and mjhac who has been an Admin from the start.

Why are there 4 Owners of GADD?

Each Owner of GADD has their own special part in the community.

  • Monkeynutz - Original founder, developer of the Exile servers.
  • Root - Long time Web developer for GADD, has had Monkey's back since the beginning, infiSTAR Admin and Monkey's Boyfriend IRL.
  • Brett Nordin - Developer of Exile 64-Bit, Developer of Exile Scripts, Fixes and much more, Owner of the Official Test servers for GADD.
  • mjhac - Long time Head Admin for GADD, now Owner, Owner of other game servers for GADD and head of the Community Expansion Project.