• Welcome to Gaming At Death's Door!
  • Visit our teamspeak! ts3.gamingatdeathsdoor.com.
  • Respect our rules!
  • Exile Panthera is covered in snow!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
smast ban appeal
In game name: 
smast

Which server you play: 
cherno

Your steam account 64id or link: 
https://steamcommunity.com/id/smaster7772/

When you were bannned:
11/30 or 12/1

How long you are banned for: 
1 week

If you know who, who issued the ban: 
herb

Why do you think you were banned: 
safe zone camping

Before you were banned, what were you doing? Describe the situation:
flying around a jet indiscriminately killing radar contacts. and engaged someone who unknowingly was just leaving sz.

Why you are appealing your ban:
I had no intent to safe zone camp and thought that all random encounters are legal.

Anything else you wish to say: 
I was wrong and will take measures such as markers on all safe zones, to avoid this happening again.

Hello smast,

I banned you for 1 week to ensure you were aware of a ban so that you would come to us and have a chat. Putting a ban appeal through was your best course of action as I'd of asked you to do so regardless, who is 51300cam? Randoms can post on ban appeals? That's sort of irrelevant.

I'll focus on what happened in the video that was sent to me and the fact that I brought this up to you and you said you were well versed in the rules and that you had NOT broken any of them. The video shows you first killing a player leaving a Safezone Trader perhaps 100-150m from the circle of the Safezone he had just left, the video goes on for about 15 minutes and shows you circling the vehicle that was not blown up until you finally decided to take it out.

What should be taken away from my reply is that you did break the rules, you lied to me, you made things worse by adding insult to injury by camping a vehicle right outside a Safezone left there because you had JUST killed the player who owned it as he was leaving the Safezone.

I'd advise setting waypoints to ensure you're not shooting at safezones and to generally avoid combat close to / around Safezones unless shot at first. You were in a jet with single digit population to work with so there is absolutely no argument to be made here, you're wrong. Whatever tangent 51300cam isn't going to help your case, that's for sure... if he's a random with the ability to post on ban appeals we're going to have to talk about that, the other Admins and I.

I have NO problem reducing your ban to a 12 hour given time already banned as long as you can acknowledge your breaking of the rules and that you did in fact lie to me. You told me you knew what you were doing and that you were following the rules, you knew the rules, there was no misunderstanding. You lied to me. You didn't have to, you could have said, shit sorry my bad. Done. HOWEVER - Further infractions will result in a longer ban and may lead up to a perm. in the long run especially if we're talking dishonesty toward our Staff.

(12-03-2018, 04:07 AM)Herb Wrote: Hello smast,

I banned you for 1 week to ensure you were aware of a ban so that you would come to us and have a chat.  Putting a ban appeal through was your best course of action as I'd of asked you to do so regardless, who is 51300cam?  Randoms can post on ban appeals?  That's sort of irrelevant.

I'll focus on what happened in the video that was sent to me and the fact that I brought this up to you and you said you were well versed in the rules and that you had NOT broken any of them.  The video shows you first killing a player leaving a Safezone Trader perhaps 100-150m from the circle of the Safezone he had just left, the video goes on for about 15 minutes and shows you circling the vehicle that was not blown up until you finally decided to take it out.

What should be taken away from my reply is that you did break the rules, you lied to me, you made things worse by adding insult to injury by camping a vehicle right outside a Safezone left there because you had JUST killed the player who owned it as he was leaving the Safezone.

I'd advise setting waypoints to ensure you're not shooting at safezones and to generally avoid  combat close to / around Safezones unless shot at first.  You were in a jet with single digit population to work with so there is absolutely no argument to be made here, you're wrong.  Whatever tangent 51300cam isn't going to help your case, that's for sure...  if he's a random with the ability to post on ban appeals we're going to have to talk about that, the other Admins and I.

I have NO problem reducing your ban to a 12 hour given time already banned as long as you can acknowledge your breaking of the rules and that you did in fact lie to me.  You told me you knew what you were doing and that you were following the rules, you knew the rules, there was no misunderstanding.  You lied to me.  You didn't have to, you could have said, shit sorry my bad.  Done.  HOWEVER - Further infractions will result in a longer ban and may lead up to a perm. in the long run especially if we're talking dishonesty toward our Staff.

I was wrong and I broke the rules although at the time I didn't think I did, I talked to josh earlier today and understand I was. I did not intend to lie to you and was confident I was in the clear at the time. my apologies.

Your ban will be lifted and this one will be a strike against you. It's never my goal to kick and / or ban players so it is always a lose-lose if it comes to that. Please respect and follow our rules while playing here and remember that we cannot police 24/7 so of course others will break rules maybe the same you have. Come speak to us about it and try to record.

Thanks for being honest with your appeal, have fun playing on our servers and don't forget to collect your GADDVent reward from the Office Trader everyday and make sure you check out both maps.

Regards,

[GADDmin] Herb - (Community Manager)